VCP6-CMA – Objective 1.1: Explain vRealize Suite Editions and Features
Identify available features and third party integrations for different vRealize Suite editions
VMware vRealize Suite Advanced
Rapid, self-service infrastructure provisioning • Infrastructure health, performance and capacity monitoring across physical, virtual and hybrid cloud deployments • Rapid creation of rate cards and automatic pricing of service catalog blueprints for use in a self-service portal • Out-of-the-box benchmarks, usage metering, and public cloud comparison • Plan, control, and recover cost expended in providing full IT Services stack, implementing cost transparency, cost optimization, and demand management • Visibility into application dependencies and hypervisor change and configuration management
VMware vRealize Suite Enterprise
Rapid, self-service infrastructure and application provisioning • Automated configuration and deployment of multi-tier cloud applications and custom services • Visibility into application performance • Regulatory compliance and OS-level change and configuration management • IT service level management • Transparency into IT performance and value measures for all services and vendors, enabling IT to govern contractual commitments
VMware vRealize Suite Components
Consists of the following products and suites
- VMware vRealize Automation Advanced or Enterprise
- VMware vRealize Operations Advanced or Enterprise
- VMware vRealize Log Insight
- VMware vRealize Business Standard
- VMware vRealize Business Advanced or Enterprise
Third party integrations
Many options for 3rd Part integration via the VMware Solutions Exchange at https://solutionexchange.vmware.com/store/category_groups/cloud-management
Differentiate vCloud Air solutions
A robust, physically isolated cloud compute offering. Dedicated cloud is a single-tenant cloud compute service that is ideal for enterprise users who need the benefits of a single tenant environment in which to host high-performance, custom and packaged applications, or highly variable Development and Test workloads. With Dedicated Cloud, users have access to the entire server and benefit from licensing and advanced control capabilities.
Virtual Private Cloud
Virtual Private Cloud offers a logically isolated, multi-tenant cloud compute service for utmost cloud agility. Available in either subscription or no-commitment Pay as you Go packaging, Virtual Private Cloud is a cost-effective Hybrid Cloud solution that provides considerable performance, value and expandability. Use cases range from Web and Mobile applications to highly variable Development and Test workloads
A Recovery-as-a-Service solution that offers native cloud-based disaster recovery capabilities for VMware vSphere virtual environments. Logically isolated VM-based disaster recovery that is affordable and easy to use. Disaster Recovery protects your on-premises cloud infrastructure, providing self-service recovery options that fit your needs.
Identify vRealize Automation/vCloud Air integration options
Unified management for VMware vSphere and other hypervisors, physical infrastructure, and external clouds such as vCloud Air and AWS, as well as those based on OpenStack
Identify vRealize Business Standard key capabilities
Provides capabilities that allow users to gain greater visibility into financial aspects of their infrastructure and lets them optimize and improve these operations. vRealize Business provides service costing data, showback and chargeback capabilities and cost benchmarking against known public clouds. vRealize Business Standard Edition has tight integration with vRealize Automation. vRealize Business Standard Edition appears as a tab, named as Business Management, in the vRealize Automation user interface shell. vRealize Business Standard Edition uses the common services of vRealize Automation such as SSO authentication and authorization. The infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) component of vRealize Automation consumes the base rate APIs of vRealize Business Standard Edition to compute blueprint price of virtual machine. vRealize Business Standard Edition also has data integration with the IaaS component of vRealize Automation Center. You can define rules and categorize according to vRealize Automation hierarchy.
Identify available vRealize Suite editions
- VMware vRealize Suite Advanced
- VMware vRealize Suite Enterprise
- VMware vRealize Suite Components
Explain vRealize Application Services functionality
VMware vRealize Automation Application Services, formerly VMware vCloud Application Director, is a model-based application provisioning solution that simplifies creating and standardizing application deployment topologies on multiple infrastructure clouds. Application architects can use a graphic-based canvas with a drag-and-drop interface to model application deployment topologies called application blueprints. Application blueprints define the structure of the application, enable the use of standardized application infrastructure components, and include installation dependencies and default configurations for custom and packaged enterprise applications. Application blueprints are logical deployment topologies that are portable across VMware-based IaaS clouds such as vCloud Director, vRealize Automation, and across public clouds such as VMware vCloud Air and Amazon EC2.
Explain vRealize Orchestrator functionality
- VMware vRealize Orchestrator allows administrators to develop complex automation tasks, then quickly access and launch workflows from the VMware vSphere client, various components of VMware vCloud Suite, or other triggering mechanisms.
- Simple yet Robust Workflow Creation
- Automate complex processes – Design and automate complex, customized workflows in just a few clicks.
- Pre-built workflow library – Take advantage of the extensive workflow library, which contains pre-built tasks that solve specific challenges and perform common administrative actions.
- Scalable performance – Execute hundreds or thousands of concurrent workflows on single or distributed architectures.
- Check-pointing – Perform server restarts—even for long-running processes—without losing workflow state and context, thanks to integration with production-grade external databases that store vital details.
- Policy engine – Allow external events to launch appropriate workflows in response to infrastructure failures or state changes.
Determine the appropriate vRealize Suite edition based on customer requirements
- Automated delivery – Automate the delivery and lifecycle management of infrastructure, applications, and custom IT services through a self-service portal and catalog.
- Intelligent operations – Manage infrastructure and applications using predictive analytics and an integrated approach to performance, capacity, log, and configuration management.
- Business insight – Align IT spending with business priorities via full transparency and improve decision-making around infrastructure and application service cost and quality, accelerating IT transformation.
- Unified management – Use a single platform to provision and manage applications and infrastructure on-premises and in the cloud with a consistent management experience.
- Open platform – Extend management to third-party systems and leverage existing investments with open APIs, management packs, orchestration tools, and software development kits.
Be First to Comment